Friday 9 August 2013

Excitement of Fixture Release Day

The day the new seasons fixtures are released have always been exciting.  Who is our first game against?  Who are we playing over the Christmas period?  Are we at home or away for the final day?  This season is no different for me, other than it's not Sheffield United's fixtures I'm looking at, it's Ecclesall Rangers U11s.

Up until the last Friday, I hadn't realised the Championship, League 1 and League 2 seasons were starting on the Saturday!  Since starting coaching, my interest in the professional game has dwindled.  Not completely, but enough to not worry about it during the close season.  My focus has totally changed to the part of the game I really enjoy.

Today, the fixtures for the SDJSL were released and I did the same as always, first game, Christmas period and last game.  Then after that it was "Are we playing during school holidays?".  Professional clubs don't have to go through this!  It's always a struggle to get a team together at these times.  Many of my team go and visit family or take holidays leaving us with the bear bones.  So these will be the dates I'll be trying to rearrange.

It may be sad, but I still get the buzz of excitement on the day the fixtures are released.  Next week we get to go through it again when we find out our cup opponents!

No comments:

Post a Comment